Patient Centered Medical Home
What is Patient Centered Medical Home?
A Patient Centered Medical Home is called a “home” because we would like it to be the first place you think of for all your medical needs. Much like a home, the goal is to make it easy and comfortable for you to get the care you need in a way that works best for you. Within our home, a partnership develops between you, the patient and your healthcare team in order to coordinate the services you need and to provide you with the best care possible. The focus is on you.
As your Primary Care Provider, I pledge to:
- Send you to trusted experts if needed and coordinate with those experts about your care.
- Be available to you during and after regular business hours for your care needs.
- Explain disease, treatments and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- Learn all about you, your history, your care preferences and your health goals.
- Keep treatments, discussions and records private.
- Provide instructions on how to meet your healthcare needs after hours.
- Give you clear directions about treatments and medications.
- Listen to your questions and concerns to help you make decisions about your care.
- Provide optimal care based on nationally researched clinical protocols.
- Be sure to communicate: test results in a timely fashion, information about alternative services to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, and updates on vaccines and screenings.
- End every visit with clear instructions about physician’s expectations, treatment goals and future plans.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.
Your Patient Centered Medical Home can be a way for you to be informed about and involved in your healthcare decisions. The Medical Home can bring you, your family and your healthcare team together to help you make the best choices about your health.
Remember that you and your health are at the center of your Medical Home team. Southwest Orlando Family Medicine looks forward to serving you and your families’ healthcare needs.